Saturday, January 31, 2009

the month of love

The year is flying by and already we are into February, the month of love. Valentine’s Day became my favorite holiday way back in second grade when Tony gave ME the prettiest valentine anyone in my class received. The other second-graders sure made fun of him, of us, for that daring public gesture of tender affection. Although we never spoke of it, there was a quiet understanding between us until he moved away a few weeks later. Sweet Tony never realized how much it meant to me to be that “Special Someone” to “Someone Special” (perhaps that is why I never forgot his name). For me, it began a quest to discover the magic that is love. As with so many things, it is easier to discover what it “isn’t” than what it “is”; there’s an awful lot of counterfeit love out there. But real, true love is something we all want and need, something to make life worth living. And so for each day in this shortest month of the year, I will share with you something I have learned about love. I hope you will share it with your “Someone Special”!

No comments: