Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Calm One

It came out at work this week that I have six children. That revelation was quite astounding and impressive to my co-workers in the Special Ed. Department, the most any of them have is three. One of them commented, “No wonder you’re so calm, you’ve seen it all!” Perhaps that is why they appreciate me so much; calmness helps to diffuse The Angry one, compensate for The Lazy one, and tolerate The Know-it-All. It even helps secure The Quiet One and gives The Happy One an ally. Perhaps having six children also explains the wells of patience and compassion I have found within myself to adapt to the needs and limitations of the sped children. And so, thank-you, my own sweet children, for all the growing pains and learning curves we’ve been through together that have helped me become The Calm One.

1 comment:

Eli said...

Glad I could be a part of it!