Sunday, September 21, 2008

we did it!

It is our (my mother is here with me) last day as surrogate parents!  We are astounded and amazed at how smoothly everything has gone for us.  Well, if you don't count the fact that what I thought was de-tangling spray was actually mega-hold hair spray (poor little Elise, she has the worst bed-head I've ever seen, and, needless to say, hair spray is the LAST thing it needed).  Fortunately I discovered my mistake on the third day...  

Anyway, I finally figured out (had Maddi show me) how to get on the internet and thought I'd better check in since my access to a computer will be hit and miss for awhile.  The day before I left on my trip we had a flood in the basement back home.  There wasn't much water, but there was a lot of damage and at present the basement is totally emptied while contractors replace wall boards, base boards, carpet, etc.  So as much of an adventure as this past week has been, I think I have an even bigger one waiting for me when I get home tomorrow!

I will post updates as I can, in the meantime, you know how to reach me!

No comments: