Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Love is Partnership



Two people will often have different perspectives and opinions, sometimes those differences may be at odds, leading to conflict.  If it is a loving relationship, it is also a partnership where conflicts are resolved together in an atmosphere of understanding and respect.  Instead of “your way” or “my way,” the answers become “our way.”  Instead of “I’m right so you’re wrong,” it becomes, “Let’s work together to figure this out."  Rather than, “If you’d just listen to me,”  we say, “Help me to understand your point of view.”  When decisions are made or problems solved unilaterally, that partner sends the message, “I do not value you or your contribution to this relationship.”  He negates his greatest asset.  But when the relationship is a true partnership, the two become greater than the sum of the parts, and almost anything is possible. More on this tomorrow.

No comments: