Sunday, February 19, 2012

cleave unto charity

Cleave means to adhere, to cling to, to be faithful to, associate, combine, conjoin, join, link, unite, attach, fasten.

I get the idea that our approach to charity isn’t to be a passive one. Mormon tells us to “pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love;” it is that important. I have decided that the most important thing for any of us to learn, no matter when or where we sojourn on this earth, whatever our circumstances, is how to treat each other well. If we fail to learn those skills, it really won’t matter what other skills we do learn. I am grateful to those who are my examples of lives well-lived, those who have diligently sought to develop lives full of charity. I am blessed by your goodness; the world is a better place because of you. You are my heroes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Robert, my hero and example of all the charitable virtues you have discussed.