Friday, February 24, 2012

what I want in a co-worker

-I want friendliness

-I want cooperation, kind and helpful gestures

-I want respect for each other’s differences

-I want appreciation for each other’s strengths

-I want a measure of loyalty for each other, for the work

-I want a mutual openness to suggestions for ways to improve performance

-I want a sharing of ideas and experience to help each other learn

When I went back into the work force three years ago, I was immediately struck by how good it felt to be appreciated. I was only a lowly teachers’ aide, and just a substitute one at that, not qualified for anything else. But every job I took, wherever I went, I was welcomed with open arms. They were kind to me, grateful I was there to help. Over these three years I have made many good friends at many schools, friends that have fulfilled everything I could ask for in co-workers. They have taught me many valuable skills and techniques to improve my abilities; their confidence in me has helped my confidence grow. I feel good about what I do, and they have helped me become very good at it.

No comments: